Prep-2 PE

This term we are beginning Tabloid Sports where we are engaged in lots of small games and activities that focus on our development of very important motor skills.
Which activities have you enjoyed so far?

26 thoughts on “Prep-2 PE

1. 1/2N

The actvities 1/2N have really liked so far are:
    Big ball bounce – you get to practice bouncing on your fingertips.
    Through the tunnel – it might be a bit wobbly when we go through it and it is fun.
    Ball in the bucket challenge – it is fun to throw balls.
    Spot the colour – it is simple and very fun because when you didn’t have the bean bags you were curious to know what colour was coming up.
    Running races – it was really fun to go fast!
    Cone weaving – it was a challenge to make sure you didn’t bump into the cones.

2. 1/2W

Dear Miss Bushby,
    We really like your blog because that means we can reply to you and we know what is happening in PE.
    We have really enjoyed big ball bounce, run and hit, spot the colours and knees up.
    What other activities will we be doing in PE this term? We are so excited to do PE.
    From 1/2W

1. hpebps Post author

Dear 1/2W,
      I am very excited to use the blog so that everybody can see what we get up to in PE!
      It is fantastic to see so many different favourite activities from Tabloid Sports. I think they are a very fun way to learn in PE.
      We will continue doing Tabloid Sports this week and hopefully next week we can start Gymnastics in the hall. I am really looking forward to getting into Gymnastics again with you all.
      What part of Gymnastics are you excited about? Anything that you think might be a challenge for you?
      From Miss Bushby

1. 1/2W

Dear Miss Bushby,
        We are looking to doing cartwheels, stretches, handstands, using the bars and being flexible.
        Some of us think the handstands and going on the bars will be challenging.
        From 1/2W

1. hpebps Post author

Hi Aisha,
            I am so glad you are excited about gymnastics. It is a great opportunity for our bodies to do lots of fantastic learning.
            How do you think you can challenge yourself in the next few weeks?
            From Miss Bushby

3. P/1C

In P/1C we have really liked Tabloid Sports, especially:
    Relay races – because we like running.
    Ball in the bucket challenge – it was fun because we could throw it into the bucket.
    Big ball bounce – because we got to throw the big colourful ball in the air.
    Spot the colour – because Miss Bushby kept reminding us to throw OVERARM!!!!!
    Zigzag race – because you can run a lot.
    Seesaw – when you roll backwards then throw the beanbag to your partner.
    Love from P/1C

4. Hugh

Dear Miss Bushby
    My favourite game in tabloid sports is hit and run.
    what else are we doing this term ?
    from Hugh

1. hpebps Post author

Hi Hugh,
      Thank you for your post!
      I am really glad you enjoy Hit and Run. It is a really good way to practice your striking skills.
      Hopefully we begin Gymnastics next week which I am excited about.
      What do you want to challenge yourself with this term, Hugh?
      From Miss Bushby

1. Hugh

Dear Miss Bushby,
        I want to challenge myself in kick to kick because I want to kick further. I like kick to kick.
        from Hugh

1. hpebps Post author

Hi Hugh,
          Fantastic, kicking is a great skill for you to focus on and your goal is very specific. We will make sure that you focus on accuracy when kicking further as well.
          From Miss Bushby

5. Tess

Dear miss Bushby
    I really like tabloid sports. the most favorite of them all is big ball bounce because I am very good at it.I hope we do this moreoften
    from tess

1. hpebps Post author

Hi Tess,
      I am glad you have enjoyed doing Tabloid Sports so far and it’s great that you are so confident with some of the activities.
      Which station did you find a bit challenging and want to improve?
      From Miss Bushby

1. hpebps Post author

Hi Tess,
          Did you improve when you tried ‘Spot the colour’ again?
          I am looking forward to gymnastics as well!
          What do you think might be a challenge for you? Could you set a goal to make sure that you improve?
          From Miss Bushby

6. Anika

Dear 1/2w
    I liked Big ball bounce the best because it is challenging .
    I liked spot the color because it was hard to rember to throw over arm.
    I am looking forward to doing gymnastics and handstands.
    From Anika

1. hpebps Post author

Dear Anika,
      Fantastic to hear that you want to challenge your learning and that you are trying your best to remember tricky information in class!
      I can’t wait for gymnastics either. Can you remember any of your learning from gymnastics last year?
      From Miss Bushby

1. Anika

Dear Ms. Bushby,

I remember doing cartwehels, handstands and bunnyhops.
        Do you remember any other things?

From Anika

1. hpebps Post author

Hi Anika,
          I am really glad you remember so much of your learning from last year!
          We did lots of different activities like motorbike, front support, back support and tuck sit. Do you remember those too?
          From Miss Bushby

7. Aanya

Dear Ms Bushby

I have liked gymnastics so much because I did
    gymnastics. I did gym out of school. I did it on a Tuesday
    after school.
    what are we going to do in gymnastics next in P.E
    From Aanya

1. hpebps Post author

Hi Aanya,
      Fantastic! What were your favourite things to do at gymnastics?
      I look forward to having you help 1/2W with their gymnastics learning too!
      We will be learning about locomotion and balance in the next week of gymnastics, Aanya.
      From Miss Bushby

8. Tanya

Dear Ms Bushby

I also do gymnastics after school on Fridays. So i enjoy doing it at school too. i always wanted to do perfect cartwheels and now i can. I also like handstands. But my mum tells me not to do handstands after a meal.so i wait and then do. i also enjoy forward and backward rolls and games.
    From Tanya

1. hpebps Post author

Hi Tanya,
      I am so glad you are challenging yourself with gymnastics. I will be glad to have your help when we do cartwheels at the beginning of Term 4, you will be able to help your classmates with their cartwheels.
      What sort of gymnastics games do you play?
      From Miss Bushby